Visas & Invitation Letters
We strongly advise participants to check with their country’s Polish Embassy to see if visas are required for entry into Poland.
You may want to visit the web site of Poland’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs for detailed information.
All countries and territories that are members of the Schengen acquis, of the EU or of EFTA. Positive visa list of countries (also known as White Schengen List) from whose citizens no visa is required to enter the territory of the EU member states for a period of maximum 90 days.
Albania*****, Andorra***, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Austria*, Australia**, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium*, Bermuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina*****, Brazil***, Brunei, Bulgaria*, Canada**, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus*, Czech Republic*, Denmark*, El Salvador, Estonia*, Finland*, France*, Germany, Greece*, Guatemala, Honduras***, Hungary*, Iceland**, Ireland*, Israel**, Italy*, Japan**, Korea**, Latvia*, Liechtenstein**, Lithuania*, Luxembourg*, Macao, Macedonia*****, Malaysia, Malta*, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco***, Montenegro*****, Netherlands*, New Zealand**, Nicaragua, Norway*, Panama, Paraguay, Poland*, Portugal*, Romania*, Saint Christopher and Nevis, San Marino***, Serbia******, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak Republic*, Slovenia*, Spain* (including Spanish territories in North Africa), Sweden*, Switzerland**, Taiwan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland*****, United States of America (including Virgin Islands of the United States, Puerto Rico)**, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela. Without a visa, however, citizens of the above countries may not stay longer than three months every half-year. Excepted are the following.
- * Citizens of European Union member states.
- ** If required, citizens of member states of the European Economic Area and some other countries may obtain a residence and/or work permit after entry.
- *** Provided that they do not intend to enter into employment, citizens of Honduras, Monaco, San Marino may obtain any residence permit required after entry.
- ***** British Nationals (Overseas) with corresponding BN(O) passports are also exempt from the visa requirement.
- ***** The visa waiver applies only to holders of biometric passports.
- ****** The visa waiver applies only to holders of biometric passports Visa is not required also for: holders of United Nations “laissez-passer”; Citizens of all other countries must obtain a visa in order to enter and stay in Poland legally. Visa approval to access Poland gives right of stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland only.
What documents will be required?
Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond date of arrival required by all.
Application to: Consulate (or Consular section at Embassy)
(a) Passport (3 months from the date of intended departure from Poland, with at least two blank visa pages).
(b) Completed and signed application form.
(c) Two passport-size photo.
(d) Evidence of immigration status in country of residence, endorsed in current or previous passport (if applicable).
(e) Fee, payable by cash/postal order.
Short-stay: (a)-(e) and, (f ) Confirmation of travel itinerary, accommodation booking or invitation from friends or family in Poland. The invitation should be entered in the register of invitations in a Regional Office. (f) The visa for country of destination.
(g) Transport documentation, such as a rail or aeroplane ticket.
Note: Applications submitted without these requirements will not be considered by the Consular offices and will be returned to the applicant. Holders of Polish visa are still subject to immigration control at the Polish border and are not guaranteed entry.
All visitors must possess sufficient funds to cover the cost of their stay.
If for visa purposes, you require an invitation letter to allow you to travel to Poland for EuroTab 2017 Warsaw, please fill out the personal data form available from us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Request for Letter of Invitation.
Please allow 3 to 5 days for processing. If your request is successful, a copy of your invitation letter will be e-mailed to you and the original copy will be mailed to you.